Me fail English? That unpossible! — Ralph Wiggum


English is a funny language; that explains why we park our car on the driveway and drive our car on the parkway. ~Author Unknown

Monday, April 25, 2011

My Top Ten




10. Othello play. Not only did I get to crutch all around the theatre and up stairs (it’s a difficult task; some even consider it a work out), I went all the way to the end only to find there were no seats let. Don’t worry though, Chris Lange, Ms. Serensky’s dad and I bonded. I really did enjoy this; it made the play very memorable. Now we’re all great friends; we even hang out on weekends. And, when we see each other, “We embrace,” all three of us! Kidding…that’d be concerning (Currie 183).
9. When I spoke without interrupting anyone or stuttering or messing up for the first time. I think it was last week. It took me almost two years, but I did it. “’Tis pitiful,” I know, but I struggled (Shakespeare 5.2.207). Now, “I will speak as liberal as the north” or at least try to (Shakespeare 5.2.217).
8. The day I entered economics class. This is literally the easiest class I have ever taken.  Easier than freshman year classes. It makes me feel so smart. In all of my other classes, well, “There’s a lot to worry about there,” but in econ, I have no worries at all. I pride myself in my 100% in the class; it’s like a mini confidence booster (Currie 41).
7. First AP class…APUSH. When I finished that class, it was amazing. I hate history so being done with US history was a very good feeling. Plus, history used to be easy and boring, not hard and boring, but “Now like everything else it isn’t as much fun as it used to be” (Currie 232).  As we grow older, school becomes less and less likable. Hopefully that doesn’t continue in college or we’re in big trouble.
6. Getting accepted to all of my colleges. I was so proud when I received all of my college acceptance letters. “I know this act shows horrible and grim.” the fact that I am so proud of myself, but I can’t help feel a sense of happiness to say that I got accepted to all of the colleges I applied to (Shakespeare 5.2.200). My mom seems a bit upset that I was not rejected and continually says, “You don’t know rejection! You need to know rejection!” and I tell her I get rejected everyday, especially in English, so she shouldn’t worry.
5. I answered a question correctly in APUSH. This was sophomore year and I was in a class with all juniors except Alex Kreger and Justin Stemler. I knew nothing. Absolutely nothing. And Brownlow picked on me. When I got questions correct though, it was epic, at least for me. But “Let’s not get ahead of ourselves,” I messed up again the next day (Currie 77).
4. MC Game 3rd Quarter. Who wouldn’t want to win the game and get 10 extra credit points? And who doesn’t love competing and a day off from analyzing to just have fun and play a game? If you don’t like these days, you’re a loser. And Mariel (top scorer) rocked. “I thank you, valiant” Mariel (Shakespeare 2.1.86).
3. I beat Alex on an in class essay. Yep, I beat him. I know people are reading this and thinking it’s a lie, but I promise it’s true, it really did happen. I expected it to be an awful score, but it was actually a good score and when he saw it he said something like “This is strange” (Wilde 23). And under his breath, “Villanous whore!” (Shakespeare 5.2.226). Greatest day ever. I had never beaten him on anything and it was a great moment of superiority.
2. I got passed proficiency level (50%) on my computer science AP practice test. If you think I’m bad at English, you should see me in this class. It’s awful. And doesn’t help that the class is full of eager, genius, and in love with computer science junior boys. Proficiency level? Yeah I know, it’s “Pathetic, I know, but it doesn’t take much to thrill you” when you’re me (Currie 203).
1. Anticipated to hopefully be on this list- Gradution Day! I feel like this will be a great academic moment, knowing we all have high school diplomas. “Already, I can’t wait for this [high school] to be over (Currie 183). I mean don’t get me wrong, I love high school and all of you, but I think to a certain extent, we are all ready to go to college, live on our own, and experience life out of the bubble.

3 comments:

  1. Jillian, your list really shows your ability to appreciate the smaller things in life. I took economy last year and I felt that is was a very enjoyable class even though all my stocks failed. Your experience in computer science reminds me of mine in physics. I left the exam feeling I would have had a better understanding of an AP Latin exam. Miraculously, I ended up passing. If I passed physics, you can surely pass Comp Sci, even with 50% proficiency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian, your top ten list is very similar to mine! I’m currently taking regular government, and it seems so different from the rest of my classes. The relaxed nature of the class makes me long for those freshmen days where we barely had a care. However, these classes help us realize how much we’ve grown and learned in over the past four years, which is really quite impressive and a feat that we should be proud of. Oh, and I also liked your Othello anecdote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After I saw that you mentioned me in your blog, I stopped reading and skipped down here to comment. Just kidding. Your other moments were pretty entertaining to read, considering that I thought this blog would just wind up being a bunch of braggadocios nonsense. Perhaps it was your (often warranted) modesty. But joking aside I still feel that you have quite an impressive list laid out in front of us. The only flaw is that beating Kreger should have been #1. We all only dream of doing such things. That is a truly impressive feat.

    ReplyDelete