Me fail English? That unpossible! — Ralph Wiggum


English is a funny language; that explains why we park our car on the driveway and drive our car on the parkway. ~Author Unknown

Monday, January 24, 2011

That Crazy Kid aka Alex Hurtuk



Saturday night, I had the honor of receiving a ride home from Alex Hurtuk for the first time.  It was a crazy time.  This kid is the most rebellious kid as I have ever met.  I had curfew and he was determined to get me home one time.  He flew as he backed out of a driveway- without even looking where he was going.  He turned up the music and blasted it, rolling his windows down so everyone could hear.  He ignored stop signs in neighborhoods (he told me they are optional).  He cut off a semi truck pulling out of a neighborhood.  He texted four different girls while driving (he's a player). As we drove down Solon Road (speed limit of 35), he drove 60 mph. A car was going about 40 mph in front of us and he passed it on a two lane road.  As he turned into my neighborhood, he did not even break, let alone use a turn signal, and almost drifted into a ditch (he said that was part of the excitement of driving).  And, in my neighborhood, with a speed limit of 25 mph, he slowed down a bit, to about 50 mph.  And, he did all of this, with his brights on the entire time.  But the cops did not stop him.  You see, when Alex told you the story of being stopped by the cops for having his brights on, he failed to finish the story.  He actually beat up the cop and threatened to abuse other officers also if they attempted to stop him again. So, the next time you think Alex is not a crazy, out there kind of kid, rethink your opinion.  His studious manner and questions are just a cover up for his real personality.  Ms. Serensky, you're right... he is a rebellious one.

6 comments:

  1. I would like to take this time to acknowledge Jillian as a very pleasant passenger. As I tore through the roads of Chagrin Falls, effectively getting Jillian home by her curfew, she took the liberty of controlling the defroster. After class today, I may start referring to my car as "The Knowledge Train."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian, I really enjoyed your story of the rebellious Alex Hurtuk, a side many do not see. I like your descriptions of Alex and his driving. I also want to encourage you to ponder what Alex will be like in ten years at our class reunion. Tattoos galore, in and out of jail? I think so, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nill, I very much enjoyed this right-on description of Alex. I could have sworn I saw him the other day pulling into the senior lot in the morning, and he didn't even wait for Mr. Ast's confirmational wave to go on through before zooming past. A rebel indeed. He should buy a leather jacket, get a pocket comb and some gel,and then start a group called the H-Birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love the polite, quiet Alex Hurtuk, I'd just like to say; WOW. This Alex sounds like a STUD. I'd like to know what it takes to be one of the lucky ladies he texts when he's driving ;) that's right. Winky face. And I completely agree with you Kelly, at our ten year high school reunion Alex will be so B.A. people that people will cower in corners when he arrives. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JILLIAN! You need to reevaluate the people you drive with. Alex seems like an absolute danger on the road and a danger to himself and other pedestrians. Running stop signs! SPEEDING! ASSAULTING POLICE OFFICERS!!!!! My gosh, you need to get your head on straight and stop hanging around known felons. Sooner or later you'll be Bonny to his Clyde.

    ReplyDelete
  6. u should meet the hurtuk girls of garfield hts. they are something else.

    ReplyDelete