Me fail English? That unpossible! — Ralph Wiggum


English is a funny language; that explains why we park our car on the driveway and drive our car on the parkway. ~Author Unknown

Monday, May 9, 2011

Bittersweet Farewell

                     This is the actual High Stile. It's a mountain.

Dear AP English 12 Classmates,
            After being together for two years, I have to admit that I am sad to say goodbye. Through the good times- laughter, triumph (Multiple choice game days!), good grades and the bad times- struggle, stress, panic attacks, and being yelled at, we still made it. As much as we all complain about how much work AP English is and how particular everything has to be on papers and such, we all know, deep down, that we love AP English. Actually, it’s kind of like a love hate relationship. Although some may not miss this, I am glad I cannot be made fun of again for mistakes like “Highstile”…oopsie daisie, among the many other times I was made fun of in the class. Plus, we all hate doing 20+ (30 for some people, or rather one person) and memorizing quotes, along with many other English tasks, but we love the good days of AP English. I mean who didn’t like seeing Othello? Who doesn’t love to laugh at “Bobbie’s Blog Banter?” And who doesn’t like being able to say they’re in AP English and feel smart? Plus, what will I do with all my free time now? I will not be reading, analyzing, writing pages and pages of analysis, and blogging anymore! I may actually have a life now! However, I believe that all the struggles we went through will pay off in college. I think our English classes will not be as stressful because of all the growth and maturation we went through in this class, which I am very thankful for. I can’t wait to come back to the 5-year high school reunion and see all that everyone has accomplished (No, contrary to popular belief, I will not be married with 3 children already, thank you very much). I will miss each and every AP English 12 student, and even you too Ms. Serensky! Good luck to everyone next year!
            Sincerely,
                             Jillian

1 comment:

  1. You are right, we did finally make it through. It is just so disappointing to be leaving. After all the complaining its just so randomly depressing. Though you have to admit the best part of AP English was Ms. Serensky's "Dear Journal" entries. Well I will see you in five years with your four children, so you are planning to have another now? Who knew.

    ReplyDelete